The community is invited to participate in hands-on activities, artist and film presentations, and conversations on the last day of the exhibition Real Reality (RR).
OPEN:REALITY – DROP-IN | A Day of Hands-on Activities at the Comox Valley Art Gallery
10AM – 5PM:
DROP-IN to see the exhibition
ENGAGE in the hands-on make stations:
- EXPRESS your own inspirations at the LEGO make table | See LEGO model of CVAG created by the STREAM students
- MAKE a stop-motion short video using the set-up created by the STREAM students and Caresse Nadeau
- TRY needle felting + drop spindle spinning | Kits are part of Bran Mackie’s fibre-based project, For the Future
- COLLABORATE by adding your own work to the stitching + movement installation by Geneviève Johnson, Threading Side by Side
- CONTRIBUTE to the art data project by Sarah Emery Clark, Let’s Be Islands Together
1PM – 4PM:
GATHER in the Main Gallery
- WATCH Threading In-Between, a digital video presentation by Geneviève Johnson, filmed onsite during the artist’s installation residency at CVAG. This new site-responsive work is a component of the artist’s ongoing quilted path project, Threading Side by Side
- ATTEND a live performance by Geneviève Johnson
- LISTEN as the exhibiting artists present about their projects and creative processes
- VISIT. MAKE. TALK. This is a round-the-table time with the community, artists, curators, and CVAG team for sharing conversation and hands-on experiences with materials related to the artists’ installed projects
Click here to watch the recorded livestream.
CVAG events are public / all ages / barrier free (no cost). DONATIONS are appreciated and contribute to ongoing community interactive programming.
Images: courtesy of CVAG staff and Alun Macanulty