CVAG welcomes volunteers and students seeking work experience. Volunteering with us is an opportunity to learn about our arts community, and we welcome your contribution. Volunteers can apply their skills in many areas of both the Gallery and Gift Shop. A range of responsibilities are available from being a receptionist, to assisting with exhibition installation to hosting at special events. Volunteering is a great way to learn new skills and meet great people!
· Fill out a Volunteer Application Form and submit it in person, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Submit a current resume, if working with children and youth
· Have a Criminal Record Check if working with children and youth. (This service is free of charge at the RCMP)
Please contact us for more information
Support culture. Become a Gallery member. Membership Form.
The Comox Valley Art Gallery seeks applications from individuals interested in supporting the Comox Valley Art Gallery’s Youth Media Project – one 15-week program for community action that provides media, art & employability skills to youth between the ages of 16 and 30. If successful, there is a strong opportunity to continue on in successive programs.
Details: Part-time to Full-time, 25-35 hrs/wk, $22/hr for 15-weeks. (Hours vary according to schedule)
Intake dates: August 19 – November 29, 2019
Reporting to the Team Leader, the Technician/Assistant oversees all technical components of the project, accomplishes administrative tasks as required, and supports the project participants in their development of short videos.
· Provides individual tutorials to participants as related to media technologies which includes becoming familiar with all production (camera) equipment and it’s use.
· Assists participants in planning and organizing post-production processes using Adobe Premiere and Adobe Audition. Adobe After Effects knowledge is an asset.
· Help set up the space in the first two weeks, so that all equipment is ready to go. This includes labelling and purchasing data keys and SD cards for participants and ensuring cameras are ready and set up equipment for workshops in the first week.
· Assist youth in the delivery of the Post-Production Workshop. Be familiar or learn how to do basic keying related to green screen post-production.
· Troubleshoots technical problems that arise.
· Compiles final video footage and posts final videos on youtube and manages the reproduction process. Ensures that Shaw Cable, and all work placements receive a copy of final video (in requested format) as well as ensuring work is completed and ready for the final screening. This final copy should also be labelled and stored on our YMP External Hard Drive.
· Working together with the Team Leader and the youth to ensure appropriate credits are completed.
· Ensuring that all Equipment purchases are tracked and receipts are given directly to the Director and are labelled. All purchases must be approved by the Team Leader.
· ensuring that all equipment is signed out and cared for properly and that youth are consistently reminded of their personal responsibility in this regard.
· Works with Team Leader to maintain the YMP Facebook Page.
Supports the administrative needs allocated to this position by the Team Leader, which may include:
· Assisting in tracking hours of participants.
· Create with the Team Leader a series of ‘cheat sheets’ for participants to encourage self- sufficiency in pre and post production.
· Tracks personal hours and meets weekly with the Team Leader to report hours worked and give/receive feedback to better support participants.
· Organizes technical needs related to key project events – notably, the final screening, but also field trips, guest speaker engagements, etc.
· Maintain an atmosphere of support and encouragement, ensuring that time and expertise is shared amongst all participants.
· Works to encourage collaboration and self-sufficiency of participants whenever possible so there is a passing on of knowledge whenever possible.
· College diploma or equivalent experience.
· Experience working with youth in a leadership role;
· Experience in video production processes – producing, storyboarding, editing (in particular), etc.
· Experience working with video post-production, ie: the technologies in Adobe Creative Suite, video cameras, or equivalent.
· Experience organizing and administrating in an office context.
COMOX VALLEY ART GALLERY
580 Duncan Ave.
Courtenay, BC. V9N 2M7
This project is funded in-part by the Service Canada Skills Link Program
Partners: Wachiay Friendship Centre, Creative Employment Access Society, Imagine Comox Valley
To stay updated, subscribe to our eNews.