43rd ANNUAL CHRISTMAS CRAFT FAIR SUBMISSION DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 30, 2017
We are now accepting submissions for our 43rd Annual Christmas Craft Fair, which will run from December 1st to December 24th. Artists have until September 30th to submit an application form along with three samples of their work. The work will then be reviewed and selected by a jury, and artists will be notified of jury results by mid October.
Any additional questions can be directed to the Gallery Shop staff, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 250.338.6211.
CLOSED — COMMUNITY EXHIBITION SUBMISSION DEADLINE MAY 13, 2017
Information on the show can be found on the community exhibition page, Image to Text to Image.
Online submissions were completed through the Comox Valley Arts website.
CLOSED — GENERAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE MAY 15, 2017
CVAG invites submissions for exhibition programming from artists, collectives and curators. CVAG’s contemporary gallery spaces include the south gallery, the George Sawchuk room and the window gallery (refer to our website for a digital floorplan + documentation of gallery).
Exhibitions are generally six weeks in length and include an art opening to introduce the work to the public. Adjunct and outreach programming (artist talks, performances, workshops, panel discussions, etc.) is developed and reviewed on an individual basis. On-site adjunct and outreach programming may occur in the gallery spaces, on the street front plaza, in the community space, viewing booth or studio.
The Comox Valley Art Gallery pays CARFAC fees. Where funding permits, a portion of one-way travel/shipping, accommodation and per-diem is provided. CVAG produces printed and digital material to promote and engage audiences including invitations, media releases and didactics. All projects are documented digitally and in other media as appropriate – this source material is available to participants for their archive. Selections of documentation are housed on our website and posted to our Facebook page regularly.
The Comox Valley Art Gallery provides opportunities for exhibition in all disciplines, encourages diverse public engagement, promotes awareness of contemporary art, and provides adjunct learning opportunities. The Comox Valley Art Gallery engages with regional, national and international communities to present contemporary art issues and practices.
CVAG encourages digital submissions by email or by shared Dropbox invite.
SEND TO: email@example.com
SUBJECT LINE: CVAG Gallery Submission 2017
You will be sent an email confirmation of your application. If you are unable to send your submission electronically, you can mail it to:
Comox Valley Art Gallery (CVAG Gallery Submission 2017)
580 Duncan Avenue Courtenay BC V9N 2M7
The gallery does not return submissions – please do not send original artworks or valuable materials.
See more about CVAG programming at: comoxvalleyartgallery.com and on our
Facebook page. Call 250.338.6211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require other assistance regarding your submission.
CVAG Submission Guidelines 2017
1. Cover letter with your contact information (mailing address, email address, website, phone contact)
2. Artist and/or Curatorial Statement (1 page max)
3. Project Description/Intention for presentation (2 page max)
4. Curriculum Vitae for all participants (3 page max each)
5. Image list (title, dimensions, dates, media)
6. Other relevant support material
7. Equipment list and/or specialized technical requirements
8. Schedule of activities (if applicable)
– Compile items 1-8 into one pdf document and label with your full name_submission.
9. Support material can include digital images (20 max, 1024 x 768, 1 MB each max) and/or time based work (15 min max).
– Images must be numbered, titled and correspond to the image list (example: 01_title.jpg) or
– You may compile your jpegs into one PDF file and label this with your full name_suppport material.
– Time-based work may be submitted as .mov, .mp4, .avi or a private link to Youtube,
Vimeo or Flickr.
*If you are submitting a combination of images and time-based work, include 10 images and 10 min of time-based work maximum.