CVAG welcomes volunteers and students seeking work experience. Volunteering with us is an opportunity to learn about our arts community, and we welcome your contribution. Volunteers can apply their skills in many areas of both the Gallery and Gift Shop. A range of responsibilities are available from being a receptionist, to assisting with exhibition installation to hosting at special events. Volunteering is a great way to learn new skills and meet great people!
· Fill out a Volunteer Application Form and submit it in person, or by email to email@example.com
· Submit a current resume, if working with children and youth
· Have a Criminal Record Check if working with children and youth. (This service is free of charge at the RCMP)
Please contact us for more information
Support culture. Become a Gallery member. Membership Form.
Employment & Life Skills Coordinator
The Comox Valley Art Gallery seeks applications from individuals interested in supporting our Youth Media Project – one 15-week program for community action that provide media, art & employability skills to youth between the ages of 16 and 30.
Details: Temporary, Part-time, Contract: 15 Weeks, 15 hrs/wk, $25/hr. Dec 31st, 2018 – April 12th, 2019.
This position is an arms-length contractor who provides employability and life-skills expertise to project participants through: workshops, demonstrations, group dialogues, etc. The individual also works one-on-one with youth to enable progress on an employment action plan – and connects youth with a range of career and community resources as needed. Where appropriate, the Coordinator connects youth with employment opportunities that fit within the youths’ overall career goals and strategies. The Employment Coordinator will be expected to work with youth to ensure successful work placements and reports to the Team Leader.
· Minimum of 3 years working with youth in employability context
· Preferred: certification as Life-Skills and/or Employability Coach
· Degree/Diploma in Human Services or equivalent
· In-depth knowledge of employment resources within the Comox Valley
· Preferred: Network of potential employment contacts
· In-depth knowledge of resume writing, interview skills and general employability issues – ability to lead workshops on these topics and ensure participants have an up to date resume.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, and a desire to help youth succeed.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to Krista Tupper by January 2nd, 2019 at: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off directly at the Comox Valley Art Gallery. There is a possibility of continuing to work on future projects if successful.
COMOX VALLEY ART GALLERY
580 Duncan Ave.
Courtenay, BC. V9N 2M7
Questions? Call 250-338-6211
This project is funded in-part by Services Canada.
Partners: Wachiay Friendship Centre, Creative Employment Access Society, Imagine Comox Valley